Member’s Article Submissions
Galizien German Descendants welcomes submissions of original articles and documents dealing with both the history of individual families as well as the cultural, economic, political, and religious history of the Germans of Galicia, the lands they emigrated from and the lands they immigrated to. Previously published articles and manuscripts will be considered if permission for use has been granted in writing. Target length for articles is 1,000 to 5,000 words. Photographs and documents to illustrate the article are desirable. Articles may be edited for length or clarity.
Please note: Plagiarism is not allowed. Extensively copying or quoting another author’s work, even with a citation, would require permission from that author or publisher. It is still plagiarism if you have translated an article from another language without permission. If in doubt, check with the editors.
Please submit a draft manuscript formatted as follows:
- Single spaced, Times New Roman size 12 font.
- Fully justified alignment, no indentations at beginning of each paragraph.
- One single empty space between paragraphs.
- No page numbers, no headers, no footers.
- Cite sources for direct quotations as well as facts, figures, and dates. Citation format follows the Chicago Manual of Style. The editor can help you with formatting citations if necessary.
- For articles with citations or notes, put them at the end of your submission as an endnote, NOT on the bottom of the page. The editor may change them to footnotes if they are minimal.
- Many photos from the internet will not have a proper credit. In that case, at least include the website name, the date accessed and the URL.
- Any inserts or pictures in the article are also to be attached to the email containing the draft article.
- Avoid the use of text boxes. If you must use them, leave the border visible so that the editors know where they are.
- Save article in Word (.doc/.docx) or Rich Text Format (.rtf)
- Send articles to